Restoration on Antoria Les Paul Copy

This old Japanese copy came in to be fixed up. There was no output and on first inspection there was nothing left of the frets. A re-fret was just not economical on this guitar so I did my best to get it playable.

I worked through the electronic components systematically, first the output was broken, then the pickup selector switch on the bridge position. After that its as clear that the pots had been pulled about quite a lot and there were short circuits all over the place. It was faster (and therefor cheaper) to replace the lot and give it a re-wire.

Once I’d cleaned up the nut slot I found that it had been sitting on a load a glue and one this was removed it was much too low. To save money I managed to find an old nut from another job that worked as a solid replacement.